Share | 

Constructive Criticism

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
burlyhurly
Spectator
Spectator

PostSubject: Constructive Criticism   Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:36 pm

Hello: First, this message is from a loyal customer. My family and I have been going to the speedway for years, but I'm not sure if that will continue. So, with the best intentions, and before this message is deleted, please consider the following. And I run a business too, so I'm sure your job is not an easy one.

Week before last, I paid $15 to get in, only to see race after race of the dwarf kids cars. Not sure what the exact name of this class of cars is, but I did not pay to see kids race. If I go to the speedway, or a Dodger game, or even the local Blaze or Condors, I pay to see professionals, not children. Seems this kids program has expanded, and from now on, if I see it on the program, I will not attend.

Fine to give away a ride in a late model 2-seater, but I don't think everyone wants to watch (or pay) for that either.

Same goes for RC cars--I came to see actual race cars, not toys. Cool though they might be, if I wanted to see RC cars race, I'd go see them race, but not at the speedway.

Then the other years-old things: For the cooler months, is it too much to ask to get a coffee maker at the back concession??? $15 at WalMart! Scoreboard inaccurate or inoperative. Is there no way to get a proper restroom below turn 1?? The sound system is awful, and has been for years! Compare that (and the scoreboard) to what world of outlaws does when they come to town--an audio system you can actually hear, and a scoreboard that is legible and operational. Why the long down-time between races? This, together with kids cars and RC cars, means it's often a nail-biter to see if the race we all paid to see will be completed before the curfew. People in the stands say it's intentional, so you can sell more beer.

Finally, a few weeks ago I got fed up and went to Tulare Thunderbowl raceway. Yes, I know they get Fresno traffic which makes the revenuegeneration easier, but the track seems MUCH longer, even though it too is billed as 1/3 mile, seating is better, parking is cleaner (on grass), beer is cheaper, changeover between races is quicker, it's only a few more minutes up 99, and ticket prices are comparable!

You can do better!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
R.WILSON34
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Constructive Criticism   Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:49 pm

well its dirt track racing it isnt nascar and honestly do u want to roll out a red carpet for you to walk into too? the bathrooms and concessions arent that far away if you are in turn one there is one right there anyway.actually the scorebard and sound system do work i can hear in the back of the pits with cars running around me and about the mini dwarfs racing how do u think we all get our starts at racing?and on the speedway site has a schedule and tells you what is goin on that saturday night. to be honest with you, you sound like your being a little picky about it,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PMS RACING
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Constructive Criticism   Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:46 pm

Sounds like someones up past there bedtime!....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://altecauto.com
AaronStewart
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Constructive Criticism   Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:54 pm

There is a long down time between races because the operator of the scoreboard hasta leave the scoring tower, walk down to the pits, get in his hobby stock, and race.

And for some reason, no one ever wants to volunteer for the job.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bakersfieldspeedway.speedyforum.com
newman101
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Constructive Criticism   Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:15 pm

burlyhurly wrote:
Hello: First, this message is from a loyal customer. My family and I have been going to the speedway for years, but I'm not sure if that will continue. So, with the best intentions, and before this message is deleted, please consider the following. And I run a business too, so I'm sure your job is not an easy one.

Week before last, I paid $15 to get in, only to see race after race of the dwarf kids cars. Not sure what the exact name of this class of cars is, but I did not pay to see kids race. If I go to the speedway, or a Dodger game, or even the local Blaze or Condors, I pay to see professionals, not children. Seems this kids program has expanded, and from now on, if I see it on the program, I will not attend.

Fine to give away a ride in a late model 2-seater, but I don't think everyone wants to watch (or pay) for that either.

Same goes for RC cars--I came to see actual race cars, not toys. Cool though they might be, if I wanted to see RC cars race, I'd go see them race, but not at the speedway.

Then the other years-old things: For the cooler months, is it too much to ask to get a coffee maker at the back concession??? $15 at WalMart! Scoreboard inaccurate or inoperative. Is there no way to get a proper restroom below turn 1?? The sound system is awful, and has been for years! Compare that (and the scoreboard) to what world of outlaws does when they come to town--an audio system you can actually hear, and a scoreboard that is legible and operational. Why the long down-time between races? This, together with kids cars and RC cars, means it's often a nail-biter to see if the race we all paid to see will be completed before the curfew. People in the stands say it's intentional, so you can sell more beer.

Finally, a few weeks ago I got fed up and went to Tulare Thunderbowl raceway. Yes, I know they get Fresno traffic which makes the revenuegeneration easier, but the track seems MUCH longer, even though it too is billed as 1/3 mile, seating is better, parking is cleaner (on grass), beer is cheaper, changeover between races is quicker, it's only a few more minutes up 99, and ticket prices are comparable!

You can do better!

Do you even race?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
newman101
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Constructive Criticism   Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:18 pm

burlyhurly wrote:

You can do better!

Do you even race?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JessicaRhino50r
Spectator
Spectator

PostSubject: Re: Constructive Criticism   Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:47 am

i disagree with the the sound because when i raced i could hear the anouncing also with cars going around me also.. but i do agree with the mini dwarfs.. i have a scheduale and know when there racing and looking at it they do race waaayy to much for being just little kids.. i have nothing against them or any of tha but they need to have a a little bit fewer racecs and more spread out that way it dnt seem like its every single weekend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/sexxylilracer69
johnsonmotorsports99
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Constructive Criticism   Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:14 am

JessicaRhino50r wrote:
i disagree with the the sound because when i raced i could hear the anouncing also with cars going around me also.. but i do agree with the mini dwarfs.. i have a scheduale and know when there racing and looking at it they do race waaayy to much for being just little kids.. i have nothing against them or any of tha but they need to have a a little bit fewer racecs and more spread out that way it dnt seem like its every single weekend.

LMAO you were in a mini stock and never hit the gas pedal hard enough to get going so of course you could hear the announcer lmao jk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AaronStewart
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Constructive Criticism   Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:14 pm

I can hear Mosier while on the front stretch under yellow--
Back to top Go down
Dylan
Crew
Crew

PostSubject: Re: Constructive Criticism   Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:57 pm

there are some minis out there that are louder than your hobby is lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AaronStewart
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Constructive Criticism   Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:26 pm

Taylor's 2t sounded like a tugboat.
Back to top Go down
johnsonmotorsports99
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Constructive Criticism   Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:55 pm

i have a single chamber flow master so even under yellows i cant hear him. i guess u got a sleeper for a motor aaron lmao
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wally Stewart
Crew
Crew

PostSubject: Re: Constructive Criticism   Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:03 pm

"Two big mufflers"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PMS RACING
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Constructive Criticism   Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:54 pm

AaronStewart wrote:
Taylor's 2t sounded like a tugboat.

Thats not true.............Tugboats run much better than that
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://altecauto.com
johnsonmotorsports99
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Constructive Criticism   Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:54 pm

Wally Stewart wrote:
"Two big mufflers"

u need to coinvert down to a 2 in 1. u will get better back pressure and et more out of that motor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AaronStewart
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Constructive Criticism   Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:28 am

its a work in progress-- I figure by the start of 2010 we'll have a halfway decent racecar. Wink
Back to top Go down
JessicaRhino50r
Spectator
Spectator

PostSubject: Re: Constructive Criticism   Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:49 am

johnsonmotorsports99 wrote:
JessicaRhino50r wrote:

LMAO you were in a mini stock and never hit the gas pedal hard enough to get going so of course you could hear the announcer lmao jk

i wasnt tlking about while i was on the track know it all.. i was tlking about being in the pits with all the cars going
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/sexxylilracer69
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Constructive Criticism   

Back to top Go down

Constructive Criticism
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1