Share | 

Matthew Crawford

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
shelley crawford
Crew
Crew

PostSubject: Matthew Crawford   Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:32 pm

I just wanted to thank EVERYONE for there help with Matthew last night! It was the most helpless feeling in the world knowing I couldnt stop him! I dont think I have every been so scared in my life!Jimmy Irwin did you used to be in track and field in school your lap time was 15 sec your where almost out running Matts drawf car! Mike Moisher I am so sorry if I dislocated your elbow lol! Yvonne I am sorry if I broke your arm haha! Aaron Stewart does have a very sweet caring side he told me not to tell lol! Wayne Doston thank you for running Matthew over I dont know what would have happened if you wouldnt have done that. I love you Wayne your my hero really now lol Thanks to everyone for all the phone calls and messages. Matt is fine just a little sore and scared. He said it was fun but very scarey he thought he was going to run someone over. I just hope everyone understands how thankful we are for EVERYONES help You guys are the best!
Shocked Thank Again, Shelley Crawford affraid

Edit: -Aaron

Last edited by shelley crawford on Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
AaronStewart
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Crawford   Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:57 pm

we should probably elaboriate-- All people heard in that was that Matt was out of control and got run over by Wayne. So people know he wasnt possessed by demons or anything. Apparently the throttle cable broke early in the race that caused Matt's mini dwarf to die, so they clamped it on to get him back in the race, he went back out, it came off and stuck the throttle wide open, Matt tried to ride the break, but they went out-- So Matt's mini dwarf was stuck with full throttle and no brakes-- so he looped it in the turns to keep from going on the mini dwarf track (running on the berm and the big track). He looped it down in turn 4 after making almost a full lap of the track trying to avoid people on the back stretch that were for some reason trying to jump infront of the car-- Jimmy Irwin helped slow down the car some after Matt spun it the second time allowing time for Wayne Dotson to get his golf car right infront of it-- the car took off again and kinda submarined under the golf car-- but it did stop the car.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bakersfieldspeedway.speedyforum.com
romans81racing
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Crawford   Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:03 pm

trying to avoid people on the back stretch that were for some reason trying to jump infront of the car--

the reason people were diving at the cars was to hit the kill switch on top of it. Many of us recognized the young man's predicament and were willing to take a shot at trying to hit that switch. I believe that the cars are supposed to have a kill switch installed inside the car as well (if not this should now be mandatory). As a dad I took this incident as an oppurtunity to show my son where his kill switch is and what it is for. We as a division and a race track our fortunate that this incident did not create an injury to someone, especially young matt. I really appreciate the willingness of everyone in this division to do what it took to stop that car.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AaronStewart
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Crawford   Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:13 pm

The kill switch on the car was not working, Matt had been attempting to use the one in the car, but it didnt work.

He told me afterwards that the hardest part was avoiding all the people moving infront of the car.

I've already been told that tech inspection for the kill switches will become even more rigorous.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bakersfieldspeedway.speedyforum.com
Jimmy
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Crawford   Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:43 am

The kill switch on top didnt work either . I hit it as he went by me ... One thing I am glad of thoe is when Wayne tries to hit someone he does not miss !!! Wow I thought i was ran over by the golf cart..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
romans81racing
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Crawford   Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:46 am

another consideration on the kill switch that is outside the car. They need to have a standardized placement. Matts switch was not in the same place as my sons. (that is why I missed it) I think that they should also be taller (perhaps a 2 or 3 inch toggle). They should also be designed to be turned off when pushed toward the back of the car.

If neither kill switch was working. The only way that that car was stopping was through contact with something. Thank God for a golf cart, a good decision and an oppurtunity that presented itself. This thing worked out incredibly well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DirtTrackGirl_78
Crew
Crew

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Crawford   Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:51 pm

We are very glad that Matt is ok Shelley. All he could say when he got out of the car was that was soooo scary. I'm glad that no one got hurt. Is he ready to get back in the car????

Dirt Track Girl

Sherry Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shelley crawford
Crew
Crew

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Crawford   Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:45 am

Sherry, He is very very sore he hasnt moved very much since Monday he has sleep the last 2 days away. He has a some bruise not bad though he say when he looks at the car it makes him sick and when he seen Waynes golf cart it even made him sicker! He is wondering all the what ifs and he keeps saying "If wayne wasnt there what would have happened" He did say that was the scardest he has ever been in his life. He said he dosent want to get back in the car again but with Miranda & Brocks, Ivans pep talk to him he agreed so we are going to take him out @ Waynes before he races again and let him drive it again! He is a very strong mental and physical he will be just fine! Thanks for asking talk to you later. xoxo
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Jimmy
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Crawford   Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:42 am

Shelly Let him know that my intensions were to grab the rub rail and try to flip him over to stop him ... Then at the last min i seen the golf cart coming . Glad he is a good aim !!!!!! lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MATT "the crash" CRAWFORD
Spectator
Spectator

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Crawford   Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:35 pm

Thanks to everyone for trying to stop my car and im not afraid to get back in it and a big thanks to Wayne that was the best dirty driven I have ever seen!!!!! LOL I wanna thank my DAD & Jimmy Irwin... Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jimmy
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Crawford   Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:57 am

Matt There is no need to thank me buddy ... Just tring to do my job and make sure you were safe.... If your going to get hurt I want to be the one that does it !!!!!! J/K Are you racing this weekend ???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spectator
Spectator

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Crawford   Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:50 am

the docter said i have to take it easy but yes i can. I dont thank im going to take it easy Question
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DirtTrackGirl_78
Crew
Crew

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Crawford   Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:01 pm

I look forward to watching you Matt. I'm sure you'll do great!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spectator
Spectator

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Crawford   Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:52 pm

my dad said its up to me but he dont want me to.

THANKS!!!!!! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Crawford   

Back to top Go down

Matthew Crawford
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1